Can I sell my car to a Sheehy location without buying a car from a Sheehy location?
- Absolutely! We’ll gladly buy your vehicle from you, with no strings attached. Our offer on your vehicle will be the same whether you buy a vehicle from us or not.
Do I need an appointment to sell my car?
- Nope! Simply stop by your nearest Sheehy store and let us know that you are here for a vehicle appraisal. Click here to find the closest one to you.
Do I need to sell my car to the same location that gave me the original offer?
- Nope! The offer you get will be valid at any of our 29 locations for 7 days after the appraisal was completed. If your appraisal was completed over 7 days, we will gladly re-appraise the vehicle for you.
How do you determine what my car is worth?
- One of our highly trained appraisers will review current market conditions and your vehicle’s year, make, model, mileage and vehicle history report. We will examine the overall condition of your vehicle inside and out and keep an eye out for any major defects (i.e. frame or flood damage). Additionally, we will take your vehicle for a test drive to ensure that it’s steering, brakes and turn signals are functioning properly. If we need to make any repairs to your vehicle, we will adjust our offer accordingly. Overall, the cleanliness and long term maintenance/care of your vehicle are the most important factors in determining your appraisal offer.
What do I need to sell you my car?
- Please make sure to bring your vehicle’s title or payoff information (all titleholders should be present), all valid and current registrations, a valid stat issued ID for all title holders and all keys and remotes. Please keep in mind that you do NOT need all of these items to get an offer on your car. You only need to bring these items with you if you are planning to sell the vehicle.
When will I get paid for my car?
- You will leave with your payment in hand the same day that you decide to sell us your vehicle! We use bank drafts to pay all vehicle trade ins which is a type of payment that is guaranteed to be paid by the issuing bank. Please note that this type of check can only be deposited and cannot be cashed.
What if I owe more money on my car than the amount that you offer?
- If your payoff amount is more than our Sheehy offer, this difference is called “negative equity.” In some cases, your negative equity can be included in the financing of the new Sheehy vehicle. It we can’t include the negative equity in your financing, we will calculate the different between your pay-off amount and our Sheehy offer and you can pay your Sheehy store directly. If you owe less than $250, we will accept a personal check. All Sheehy Auto Stores locations accept cashier’s checks, certified checks, certified funds, cash and debit cards. All our written offers are valid for seven days, which gives you plenty of time to get any necessary funds to settle the transaction.
Do you buy leased cars?
- Yes! The majority of the time we can finance your leased car the same way we finance any other vehicle. We’ll simply appraise your vehicle, then contact the leasing company for the payoff quote and finally process any equity you might have. Please note that some leasing companies will not allow you to sell your vehicle before the end of your lease and that your trade in lease may not be eligible for trade-in tax savings. Make sure to check with your leasing company for full details.